Terms of Registration for European Multi Twinning
The organizer of this event is JCI Hasselt vzw, Pijpersveldstraat 10, B-3500 Hasselt (from here on known as “Organizer”). The Registration agreement is made between you and the Organizer, JCI Hasselt vzw.
This set of Terms of Registration (from here on known as “Terms”) apply to the registration for the related event via https://www.europeanmultitwinning.com. The Terms includes important information about the Organizer’s processing of your personal data and we recommend that you closely go through the Terms. The Terms must be read and accepted by checking a check box intended for this purpose.
Registration to the event is done at https://www.europeanmultitwinning.com. Participants must be members of JCI chambers that are officially part of the European Multi Twinning or old-members who have attended an EMT before. Optionally visiting JCI chambers are invited as well after formal approval.
The following points of attention relate to the registration for this event:
- For current event costs and dates, please refer to our website.
- Before booking onto the event, please ensure you have read the event content to ensure the event will meet your needs.
- When you register to attend an event, you will enter into a contract with the hosting JCI-chamber in respect of the event. By registering with an event, you accept the terms applicable to the event. We therefore recommend that you familiarise yourself with the terms and conditions applicable to an event(s) prior to registration and payment.
- The total cost of your registration for the event will be displayed prior to you being required to enter any payment details.
- Important note: acceptance of your registration brings into existence a legally binding contract between us on these terms. Any term sought to be imposed by you in any purchase order or correspondence will not form part of the contract
When registration is completed you will receive a confirmation in your email inbox with information about the event you will be attending. We recommend that you check the confirmation email as soon as possible to ensure the booking details are correct. Your registration is only confirmed after receipt of the payment. If the order confirmation does not conform with the registration you made, please notify the event organiser immediately. Where possible, they will amend your event registration as requested, subject to payment of any applicable booking fee. Alternatively, you may cancel an event registration by contacting the event organiser. Please note that a cancellation fee may apply.
4. Invoicing and Payments
After registration to the event, and invoice will be sent via email to the email address provided during your registration. Payments must be done within 14 days of the invoice date or not later than 7 working days prior to the start of the event, whichever date occurs soonest (the “due date”).
5. Event attendance
Participants will receive joining instructions via email to the email address provided during the registration. It is the responsibility of the individual completing the event registration to ensure joining instructions are received by the participant. If the joining instructions are not received, it is the responsibility of the individual who completed the event registration to contact the Organiser to receive the joining instructions. Failure to attend the event will result in the full cost being incurred. No refund shall be given.
6. Changes made by the Organizer
After registration for an event it may unfortunately be necessary for the Organizer to cancel or change details about the event. This may be (but is not limited to) sudden illness among the involved persons, weather conditions or similar situations that may make the event impossible or difficult to conduct. The Organizer will as much as possible keep you informed about changes via email and as soon as possible. The Organizer reserves the right to:
- Change the time of the event with up to 2 hours compared to the original start time.
- Change the date of the event if the alternative was to cancel it. This may be due to illness or similar unforeseen circumstances. In accordance with article 4.1.
- Change the location of the event, for instance due to a lower number of attendees than expected. The new location, however, should be within 30 km. of the original location.
- Change the specific content of the event, however, only so that the original purpose of the event is still attainable.
- Complete the event with other performers than originally planned if the originally planned performer(s) are prevented from participating.
The Organizer cannot be held liable to losses suffered due to the changes made, since the Organizer has already reserved the right to make these changes.
7. Changes made by the participant
After registration has been completed, the participant still has the possibility to make any corrections to their registration. These will only be taken into account after formal confirmation of the Organizer.
8. Cancellations and Amendments
All requests for cancellations and/or transfers must be received in written format. Changes will become effective on the date of written confirmation being received. If you cannot attend the event, you can transfer your place to another individual free of charge. Places can be transferred up to 7 days prior to the day of the event. If you cancel your registration, the appropriate cancellation charge will apply based on the cost of your booking as shown below.
|Calendar days notice before the start date of the event||Refund applicable|
|30 calendar days or more||50% refund of basic attendance fee|
|Between 1 and 29 calendar days (inclusive)||No refund will be given|
|Failure to attend||No refund will be given|
The Organiser accepts no liability if a delegate is unable to attend an event due to adverse weather conditions or any travel disruption. The Organiser shall not be liable to refund of fees or for any other penalty should the event be cancelled due to war, fire, strike lock-out, industrial action, tempest, accident, civil disturbance or any other cause whatsoever beyond their control.
9. Liability & Insurance
Participation will be at your own risk. The Organiser is not responsible for any damage that exceeds the insured amount, however caused, participant should suffer as a result of participation. The Organiser is not responsible for loss, theft or damage to properties, unless this damage is the direct consequence of obvious neglect or intend of the Organiser. The Organiser will make sure that the Participants are insured against any damage claims issued by third parties, unless the damage is a result obvious neglect or intend.
10. Responsibility of the Organizer
The Organizer is responsible to you in any cases regarding the event.
The Organizer’s responsibility to you is, however, limited to the price of the admission.
11. Changes made to the Terms of Registration
After a registration is completed, the Terms for that particular event cannot be changed unless the change is in your favour.
These Terms apply only to this particular event, and you are encouraged to read them in full.